The goal is to strive for eternal impact not heaven


Upon reflection, I realize that talks about heaven were not what initially drew me to the Kingdom of God. In fact, these talks irritated me and left me feeling discouraged, as I wanted immediate solutions to my everyday challenges, and conversations about heaven seemed far removed from my personal issues.

I bought into this journey when I realized that there is more to accomplish in this journey before I can even think about heaven. Heaven is the ultimate destination, but the invitation into the Kingdom of God is about the here and now. This invitation is an invitation into a life of eternal impact.

Eternal impact is the impartation of a blessing that affects the eternal destiny of others. This blessing comes as a result of loving the ways of the Lord and continually communing with Him, even in times of trouble. Striving for eternal impact has taught me to love others the way God loves them.

When I strive for eternal impact more than I strive for heaven it will lead me on a journey of fullness that enables me to bear the fruit that God intended because eternal impact is a demonstration that an old identity has been permanently canceled and nailed to the cross with Christ.

You can now follow my truth memoirs via Whatsapp. Click here to view and follow the Whatspp channel

Popular Posts

Loving wisdom is better than self love

Knowledge trumps sensuality

Adversity is leading me to destiny