Loving wisdom is better than self love


Self-love is the regard for one's own well-being and happiness, and the taking care of one's own needs without sacrificing one's well-being to please others. It means not settling for less than one deserves. I have always believed that this is the best way to live, but it turns out that self-love is not the best way to live in the Kingdom of God.

Self-love seems like a positive thing, but it can actually have a negative impact on my true Kingdom identity. When I am focused on loving myself, I become self-centered and neglectful of others. Self love is an obstacle to generous love and the spreading of salvation, because when I am focused on loving myself, I am less likely to share my faith. This prevents me from being who I was created to be.

The real source of self-love is fear, and it is therefore not from God. It is a result of being a slave to my own desires, which are by default hostile to the will of God. To journey successfully in the Kingdom of God I am better off demonstrating love for myself by loving wisdom, which encourages me to love God with all my heart and to love others as one loves oneself.

Popular Posts

Knowledge trumps sensuality

Adversity is leading me to destiny