True contement is a result of joy not gratitude


Contentment is a state of being happy and satisfied. It is achieved by practicing gratitude, which helps one focus on positive emotions and remember what is meaningful in life. This kind of contentment has eluded me, and I never really understood why until now.

Contentment as described above is not sustainable because it is grounded on surface-level happiness that fluctuates with my personal circumstances. To find deep-seated happiness that does not fluctuate with my circumstances, I must do more than simply practice gratitude.

The deep-seated happiness, which is not grounded in my personal circumstances, is joy. It comes from finding delight and true pleasure in obeying the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, if my life perspective is only focused on the seen realm without considering the unseen realm, then no matter how much gratitude I practice, I will always be exposed to surface-level contentment that is temporary.

To live in joy and achieve this deep-seated level of contentment, I will learn to live in the Kingdom of God by putting into practice the teachings of the Bible and leave the consequences to God. 

Popular Posts

Loving wisdom is better than self love

Knowledge trumps sensuality

Adversity is leading me to destiny