It is self sacrifice not self help for me


Self-help is the use of one's abilities and willpower to achieve things without relying on others. I have followed this life strategy for as long as I can remember, believing that it was the way to honor the Creator. However, I now realize that self-help is a belief based on empty rules rooted in religious rituals. It prevented me from fully embracing faith in the Creator. This way of life was not pleasing to the Creator because it was an attempt to earn His acceptance through my own abilities and willpower.

I cannot earn the Creator's favor or acceptance through my own efforts. I can earn it when I sacrifice my own desires so that the Creator's desires may be fulfilled through me. This is self-sacrifice, and it is the only rational way to please the Creator. It cleanses me from sin, humbles me, and reveals my dependence on the Creator and His purpose for my life.

To show my gratitude for salvation, I will offer to the Creator the only acceptable sacrifice to Him: my desires. I will no longer allow self-help to keep me stuck in the shallows of spiritual growth.

Popular Posts

Loving wisdom is better than self love

Knowledge trumps sensuality

Adversity is leading me to destiny