LIFE LESSON: The unseen is more important than the seen

There is a narrative that states when Christianity was introduced in Africa it was used to rob the inhabitants of their land and the consequences of these actions are the atrocities that have been implemented against African people for generations.


I do not know with certainty whether this is factual or not but it was a bitter pill to swallow for me as I was growing up and I also think it is also partly the reason I did not fully commit to my Christian faith earlier on in life.


Looking at all the evidence of atrocities in the continent it was fair to conclude that God did not really care about people on the African continent,if he cared he would not have allowed such atrocities to happen in his name.


Unseen realm

In this narrative the introduction of Christianity on the continent had a negative impact but in the unseen realm where God exists and operates, the introduction of Christianity has brought with it new knowledge about exploring the spiritual realm. Knowledge that did not exist before the introduction of the Bible.


Those who chose to explore the spiritual realm as prescribed in Christianity now have the opportunity to spend eternity with God who is revealed in the Bible, an opportunity that was not available in the continent before the introduction of Christianity.This I believe was God’s priority.


My initial conclusion was based on the evidence I see in the realm of my understanding but God exists and operates in a different realm and his priorities are different from my priorities.I can now conclude that God decided to allow human beings to use Christianity in Africa for their selfish reasons, i.e. to rob others of their land (if the narrative is factual) because he valued a spiritual relationship with the people of the continent more than their physical well being. A relationship that enables the people of the continent to explore the spiritual realm as prescribed by Christianity and be who he has created them to be. 


I am now a beneficiary of that decision and my eternal future is now secured to be with the Creator of the universe. As I walk in this journey of faith I will emulate this decision making process by prioritizing my spiritual well being over my natural well being. 


Popular Posts

Prayer activates my divine alignment

LIFE LESSON: True identity is found through a relationship, not religion

My belief is only a first step to destiny