Diversity sets us up for progess not uniformity.

LIFE LESSON : In South Africa, unity in diversity is the key to progress, rather than striving for uniformity.

The recent election results that denied the majority vote to the ruling party ANC for the first time in 30 years got me thinking about what I thought was the best solution for our country and based on how I have been voting since 1994. I now realize that I have always believed that the solution for this country lies in people whose race, values and principles are similar to mine in other words I believed the solution for this country is in uniformity but the 75 year history of this country contradicts my belief because for at least 45 years this country was ruled by people whose race, values and principles were uniform, that ruling class brought us apartheid which left out the majority of South Africans ,this ruling class was replaced by another ruling class who in majority come from the same race, share same values and principles but 30 years later we now know that this ruling class is not capable of bringing this country to a level where all South Africans are beneficiaries.

I also realize that my belief that South Africa’s solution lies in human uniformity is not aligned with how God (of the Bible) operates on earth. God demonstrates all through the Bible that his preferred system of operation on earth is to bring two contradicting realities together because that sets the stage to put his power on display (1 Corinthians 4:28 TPT). This coming together of the 2 conflicting realities is a set up for a partnership with God which is made possible when the 2 realities focus on the future instead of holding on to the past (Luke 9:62 TPT). This partnership then opens the door for God to do his supernatural work (Luke 9:2 TPT).

The ANC as the ruling party has proposed a Government of National Unity (GNU) as a way forward although they might have their own selfish motives for coming up with this proposal but when I consider it I notice how it aligns with how God (of the Bible) works to fulfill his will on earth. The GNU has 2 anchor tenants the ANC and the DA who in the main represent 2 groups of people from diverse races, values and principles, setting up an opportunity for South Africa to partner with God so that through this country his Mighty works can be put on display.

I am now convinced that the GNU is a gamechanger that this country needs because through the GNU South Africa has an opportunity to position itself towards a framework that is in alignment with how God (of the Bible) operates activating a partnership that puts on display the supernatural power of God to turn this country around so that it is a blessing to all its citizens and the world. I no longer believe that the solutions for this country lies in the hands of human beings of uniform race, values and principles but it lies in the diverse races, values and principles of the citizens of this country.

Follow the memoirs of my journey through the WhatsApp channel here as I search for truth.

Popular Posts

Prayer activates my divine alignment

LIFE LESSON: True identity is found through a relationship, not religion

My belief is only a first step to destiny