Acts of kindness do not make me amiable to the divine

LIFE LESSON: My hostility against the divine plan cannot be rectified through mere acts of kindness because my concerns are anchored in the tangible realm, whereas God's purview extends beyond the physical, encompassing the invisible spiritual domain.

I once believed that performing acts of kindness would make me more amiable to God, this belief has been challenged by my natural hostile disposition toward God. Acts of kindness based solely on self-effort and practiced outside the realm of God's kingdom are not enough to overcome my inherent nature.

Outside the Kingdom of God I am unable to surrender to God's will (Romans 8:7 TPT). So, I embraced these acts of kindness because they are centered around doing for others. While these acts seemed selfless, my true motivations were impure. Deep down, I adopted this stance because I believed it would position me to receive God's blessings. Which means I positioned myself against God because instead of pursuing God himself, I was chasing after the benefits He could provide (Galatians 5:20 TPT). My actions were driven by personal gain, not true submission to Him (Galatians 5:13 TPT).

When I accepted the invitation to adopt the Kingdom of God as a framework of living life on earth, I was now well aligned with his will.

Follow the memoirs of my journey as I search for truth. Click here to view and follow the Whatsapp channel



Popular Posts

LIFE LESSON: The gospel is not about what God can do for me

LIFE LESSON: Submit your life to HIS plans

Knowledge trumps sensuality