I should find Rest In Peace in this lifetime

LIFE LESSON: Resting in peace is a struggle that I have to strive for in this lifetime not when I am dead.

While listening to people being interviewed on various podcasts, I observed that many individuals frequently utter the phrase "May his or her soul rest in peace" when referring to the departed. This was a habit I also had before adopting the Kingdom of God as the framework through which I navigate life on earth, as in this framework, resting in peace is a gift that should be pursued during one's lifetime and is available to those who embrace the Kingdom of God (2 Thessalonians 1:2).

As a dweller in the Kingdom of God, I recognize the importance of striving to rest in peace in this lifetime. This posture knits my heart in perfect unity with Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 13:11). When I am in perfect unity with Christ, my spirit can faithfully harmonize with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:3), enabling me to become the person God created me to be.

To fulfill my God-given purpose in the physical realm, I need to experience the tangible presence of the unseen God. Resting in peace allows me to personally encounter the Lord's tangible presence (2 Thessalonians 3:16). As a result, I have shifted my prayers for my departed loved ones from seeking their rest in peace to praying for my living loved ones to find their rest in peace while on earth.


Follow the memoirs of my journey as I search for truth through the WhatsApp channel here.

Popular Posts

LIFE LESSON: The gospel is not about what God can do for me

LIFE LESSON: Submit your life to HIS plans

Knowledge trumps sensuality