Adversity is the source of true knowledge


The Christian God is insecure this was the response of an expert in African Spirituality when asked why she left Christianity. She elaborated and said Africans who follow God of the Bible are denied the knowledge of their true identities because their God is so insecure that He commands them not to follow the god who is of their ancestors because he does not want to be shown to be insufficient by the god of the African ancestors. 

I was initially offended by her remarks but truth be told at some point in my life I also believed this about God, I would not have used the strong language that she used but I was at some point aligned with this thinking especially when I did not get satisfactory answers from my denominational church on why are we not allowed to practice African Spirituality simultaneously with our Christian faith.

While attempting to comprehend my current situation, characterized by a perpetual sense of adversity, I have come to recognize a significant disparity between the interpretations offered by African Spirituality and the Kingdom of God. Both African Spirituality and the Kingdom of God provide frameworks for interpreting earthly life through the lens of the spiritual realm. According to African Spirituality, my circumstances are a manifestation of misalignment with my ancestors, necessitating specific rituals to restore harmony.

In the Kingdom of God, I am called to embrace and endure my current circumstances. These experiences serve as a conduit, a pathway leading to a profound spiritual transformation. This transformation unlocks a personal encounter with the living God. Jesus Christ exemplified this principle during his crucifixion on the cross. His suffering revealed a vital truth: the purpose of my own suffering in the Kingdom of God is to unveil the limitations of my strength, insights, and intellect. This realization cultivates a deeper understanding of my humanity and opens the door to a transformative journey with God.

Recognizing my limitations was the gateway to understanding the true nature of God's limitless power, strength, wisdom, and intellect. This revelation positioned me in a state of humility, allowing God to showcase His divine power through me. This posture of humility activates the promises God has made for my life, enabling their manifestation on Earth.

God's promises are contingent upon my adherence to the prescribed response in the Kingdom of God.Consequently, I now perceive the commandment against following African Spirituality as an expression of love.This commandment has facilitated my deeper understanding of God and his positioning of me to receive his blessings.

LIFE LESSON: Adversity serves as a transformative pathway fostering the acquisition of true knowledge


Please follow the memoirs of my journey as I search for truth. Click here to view and follow the Whatsapp channel

Popular Posts

Personal desire can be an obstacle to my destiny.

Imbalance is the way to true destiny

TESTIMONY : Dont pray hard, pray consistently