TESTIMONIAL : Truth is what it is not what I want it to be.


The Innocence Project is a US organization that works to free the innocent, prevent wrongful convictions, and create fair, compassionate, and equitable systems of justice for everyone. In a documentary I recently watched about this organisation,they proved beyond doubt that some of the methods the legal system relied on to collect evidence were unreliable.

Innocent people were incarcerated because the US legal system relied heavily on these methods. A lot of people's lives were destroyed, because most of them had spend decades behind bars only to be found innocent of the crimes they were accused to have perpetrated. What stood out for me is that some of the proponents of this unreliable evidence gathering methods stood behind these methods despite the overwhelming evidence that was put forward.

They dug in their heels because they prefer the truth to be what they want it to be. I know what it is like to dig into my own heels because I want the truth to be what I want it to be. I had the same attitude towards the truth of the Bible,I distorted the truth of the Bible to suit me because I believed it was outdated to the reality of life today. After all, it was written some 2000 years ago.

Fortunately for me life would not let me have the last word, so through difficult life circumstances I was forced into a posture of bending to the truth of the Bible instead of my version of the truth. It is in this posture that I was able to tell truth from lies.

Truth

When I allowed myself to bend towards the truth of the Bible, I got to appreciate the reality of the spiritual realm. I understood that the spiritual realm influences my physical realm and there are forces in the spiritual realm that do not have my best interest, only the Kingdom of God has my best interest at heart.

It also became clear to me that my life experience on the earth is of temporal value.It is a shadow that points to the Kingdom of God. The Bible was written some 2000 years ago, but it has withstood the test of time. I can rely on it because the truths in it do not change to suit my version of the truth or my circumstances in the physical realm.

My take away in this is that truth is not what I want it to be; it is what it is, I must bend to its power or live a lie.

Popular Posts

Knowledge trumps sensuality

Adversity is leading me to destiny

Loving wisdom is better than self love