We dont pray to make God meet our expectations

 


WHAT RELIGION TAUGHT ME?

The purpose for prayer is to make God meet my own selfish expectations.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAYING ABOUT THIS?

1 Peter 5: 7 Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

CONTEXT OF THE SCRIPTURE
In giving the advise to the elders Peter tells them that God resists the proud and multiplies grace to those who are are humble, Peter therefore urges them to leave humble themselves before God and pour out their worries to God and leave them there because he cares about them

WHAT DOES THIS SCRIPTURE TEACH ME
I pray to give my troubles to God and leave them with Him.

CONCLUSION
I  should pray because God commanded me to pray as his preferred method of communication and there are other reasons I should pray but using prayer to make God meet my expectations is not one of them. I should pray to give my burdens to God and leave the consequences to Him 

Popular Posts

Knowledge trumps sensuality

Adversity is leading me to destiny

Loving wisdom is better than self love