Submission to God is more important than being a Church goer


WHAT RELIGION TAUGHT ME

To please God I must be a regular church goer

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

JOHN 10:17  Reads:

The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 


Context of the scripture

Jesus tells His audience that He alone is the only Good Sheperd for the sheep and  He has been mandated to lead the sheep not just the  sheep that belongs to the Jewish flock but all the sheep. He then tells them that He was mandated by the Father because the Father is pleased with Him as He is prepared to lay down His life for the sheep so he can regain it again.

What the scripture teaches me

It pleases God when we lay down our lives for His purposes  to enable our lives to be restored to what He had intended.

Going to Church is an important part of being an effective Christian but doing it without fully submitting to God is counterproductive.

CONCLUSION

To please God I need to submit to Him fully so He can restore me for His purposes



Popular Posts

Knowledge trumps sensuality

Adversity is leading me to destiny

Loving wisdom is better than self love