LIFE LESSON: Submit your life to HIS plans

WHAT RELIGION TAUGHT ME


I was taught that if I want my plans to succeed I should give them to the Lord. This means I should initiate my plans in my own strength and then give them to the Lord for his blessings.


WHAT THE BIBLE TAUGHT ME.


From experience making my own plans then seeking him afterwards has not worked for me.


The story of the Bible is: God has a plan for this world and he wants to use his children to fulfill that plan. What this means to me is I have to fit into his plans and not the other way around.


Jeremiah 29:11 Reads for I know the plans I have for you plans to prosper you and not to harm you. So  if he knows the plans he has for me, what am I doing making my own plans outside of him?  I believe  what the Bible is teaching me with this scripture is to first seek his plans for my life.


Jeremiah 5:11 tells us God knew and set us apart for good works before were we were even born, so it makes sense for me to seek my plans through the creator who has already made plans for me.


The Bible also teaches me that the steps of a righteous man are led by the Lord which also contradicts all my steps including my plans, should be led by him which contradicts the view that I should first make plans and only seek him afterwards.


CONCLUSION

When I did some digging on where the statement comes from I realize that this is based on the Good News Version of Proverbs 16:3 which literally says Ask the Lord to bless your plans and you will be successful in carrying them but other versions I believe put this in the context that is aligned with story of the Bible for instance the NIV translation reads Commit to the Lord whatever you do and he will establish you.


I believe as a child of God I should not submit my plans to him rather I should submit my life to his plans and he will establish me


Popular Posts

LIFE LESSON: The gospel is not about what God can do for me

Knowledge trumps sensuality